Wednesday, October 11, 2006

entry no. 1

In 1996 when a company called Xanga launched their first online diary community with only 100 members, I certainly never imagined that I would find myself as part of the fray. Now, 10 years later, I am writing my first entry and taking my first steps into 'blogdom'.

My goal is two-fold. Firstly, I am an artist and a designer. I have a Masters of Fine Arts in photography and have been a photo & design instructor since 1998. Within the past two years I have started a little paper goods company, aptly named
Paper Stories. I have been slowly designing and letterpressing my way into peoples' lives with my custom invitations and announcements. Most recently I have added readymade note cards to my repertoire. Ever the self-promoter, I hesitantly came to the conclusion that a blog might just be a great way to bring attention to my work as well as share my love for design and all my inspiration with others.

Conversely, what I feel may be the more relevant outcome, is that I will personally become more inspired. No longer will I rest my laurels on what I already know, but in my efforts to "educate" others, I will make new discoveries along the way. Discoveries that will stimulate growth, encourage new ideas, and invigorate my life. Or so the plan is....