Tuesday, October 24, 2006

time to spare

My plans to post more of the things that I have been looking at lately, have been somewhat derailed. This past Friday, Grace over at design*sponge did a super little feature about paper stories and our bittersweet cards. Since then, orders have gone through the roof (oh how I have always wanted a skylight) and I have been contacted by so many people. I spent time today talking with the senior editor at Martha Stewart's new Blueprint magazine about an upcoming feature. I wont go into details in case it doesn't come to fruition. I am just excited for any possibilities that may come up. Of course with the extreme highs, soon afterwards comes the anxiety and nervousness involved with running what has pretty much been a one-person venture. How do you "take it to the next level" (don't you hate that phrase? It's like when people in the 80's would always talk about 'the danger zone'. What?)? Ideally, I need an accountant, an office manager, more designers, more printers, more presses, a warehouse, a maid, a personal chef, a helipad... Am I getting ahead of myself? Perhaps just an extra set of hands would do for now. (but they must be cheap hands... I'm not really raking in the dough yet.... Just breaking even) Sometimes I just want to say....